Reservations are required for all tours. Food Tours require a minimum 24 hour advance reservation.
Some tour reservations can be made a few hours in advance, however. You can TRY TO reserve your tour online or by CALLING US at 225-772-7253
Our tours sell out quite often and a reservation is the best way to avoid missing your desired date and time.
Not all tours and times are available every day. Please check our reservation sites or call to verify. 225-772-7253.
(Call to see what we can offer on Mondays, varies by guest request),
TUESDAYS THROUGH SATURDAYS:
TOUR TIMES MAY VARY, HOWEVER WE TYPICALLY RUN THE TOURS DURING THESE TIMES. SWAMP AND PLANTATION TOURS ARE THE LONGEST DUE TO TRAVEL TIME.
BATON ROUGE CITY TOUR WITHOUT MUSEUM (Sundays and Mondays or by request) (2 hours)
BATON ROUGE CITY TOUR WITH MUSEUM (3 hours)
BATON ROUGE FOOD TOUR - ALL ABOUT BATON ROUGE
BATON ROUGE HAUNTED ADVENTURE (Monday-Saturday evenings only) (3 hours)
SWAMP TOUR BY RESERVATION (approximate) (4 hrs- allotting for traffic):
PLANTATION TOURS (varies by request) (3-4 hours)
LSU RURAL LIFE MUSEUM (Mondays only, or by request) (3 hours)
MYSTERY/HAUNTED PLANTATION TOUR (FRIDAY OR SATURDAY NIGHT ONLY- operates only if minimum attendance is met) (3-4 hours)
Red Stick Adventures offers transportation with our tours from many area Baton Rouge hotels , RV campgrounds and some Air BNBs. THIS MUST BE ARRANGED IN ADVANCE BY CALLING US AT 225-772-7253- LEAVE A MESSAGE PLEASE FOR A RETURN CALL
Hotel pick up is a courtesy service included in your tour price, however we cannot guarantee service to your hotel.
** IF YOU ARE USING A MOBILE/CELLULAR DEVICE TO MAKE A RESERVATION, PLEASE EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org WITH YOUR TOUR DATE AND NAME AND HOTEL SO WE CAN ARRANGE PICK UP FOR YOU**
FOR BATON ROUGE AREA HOTEL LOCATIONS, Please contact us BY PHONE AT 225-772-7253 OR BY EMAIL at email@example.com at least 12 hours in advance of your desired tour date/time. Please include your contact information, hotel name and location and date/time of desired tour.
To be picked up from your hotel: Please indicate on your reservation in which hotel you are staying. If your hotel is not included on the list, please call at 225-772-7253 or by emailing us ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org with the day and time of your tour so we can make arrangements for your pickup. We will contact you with your pickup time soon after you make your reservation.
WHEN ACCESSIBLE, OUR REGULAR WALK UP/PICK UP SPOTS IS, PLEASE CALL US TO TELL US YOU WILL MEET US HERE:
Due to schedule, you may need to be ready for your hotel pick up to 1 hour in advance of the scheduled tour time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we promise the tour is worth the wait.
Due to the potential for unexpected traffic delays within the city, we cannot guarantee an exact pick up or return time, but we will do our best to be as close as possible. Every attempt is made to remain on schedule and to return you to your hotel for the time indicated. We suggest giving yourself 1-2 hours extra time “cushion” in advance of any other scheduled event or appointment you may have later in the day. Should you have a special concern regarding your return time, please advise us upon making your reservation and discuss this with your driver.
USUALLY RAIN DOESN'T AFFECT US BECAUSE WE ARE A BUS TOUR- Red Stick Adventures tours operate RAIN OR SHINE, unless there is closure due to an extreme weather event (such as damaging thunder storms, flooding, torrential storms, tropical storms, hurricanes, or in the extreme rare event- snow) or closures of most of our accessible areas due to circumstances beyond our control or ACTS of NATURE/GOD.
Red Stick Adventures has a no refund policy for tours, unless you cancel more than 12 hours in advance of your scheduled tour.
In the rare event that Red Stick Adventures cancels a tour, you will be offered a refund of your purchase price only (does not include fees, postage or other incidental costs).
On rainy days, we suggest wearing water-resistant shoes, bringing an extra pair of socks, wearing a poncho or raincoat, and/or carrying an umbrella.
Comfortable, casual attire is recommended.
We recommend comfortable walking shoes for all of our tours.
All tours will require walking from the mini bus to the venue and back, so you may consider weather as a factor in your outfit decision.
If you have insect or sun exposure concerns, we suggest the use of sunscreen and/or bug repellent, especially for the Swamp Tours and LSU Rural Life Museum Tours.
ON THE PHONE: You can hold your reservation by credit card (fees do apply).
IN PERSON: We accept cash and credit cards (fee applies) or PayPal (fee does apply) with photo i.d.
Credit cards accepted include Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
IN ORDER TO PARTICPATE IN OUR BATON ROUGE FOOD TOURS- YOU MUST AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
Waiver and Release Claim
By virtue of purchasing tickets for and/or participating in the food tasting and cultural tours offered by RED STICK ADVENTURES, LLC, DBA ALL ABOUT BATON ROUGE TOURS/ALL ABOUT BATON ROUGE FOOD TOURS (the “Company”), and in consideration of being allowed to purchase said tickets, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, said purchaser/tour participant (the “Participant”) understands, acknowledges, represents, warrants and agrees as follows, with the knowledge that the Company will rely on same:
1. Participant desires to participate in the food tasting and cultural tours offered by the Company (the “Tours”).
2. Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activity contemplated by this Waiver and Release of Claims.
3. Participant fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with his/her participation in the Tours including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, injuries (e.g., without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians and the like) and death.
4. Participant grants to Company and Company’s assigns the irrevocable, sub-licensable right and authority to use Participant’s name, likeness, photograph and/or picture for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes now known or later developed in perpetuity throughout the universe without further obligation or compensation to Participant.
5. PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS IS AT PARTICIPANT’S OWN SOLE RISK. PARTICIPANT, ON BEHALF OF HIS/HERSELF AND/OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING THROUGH OR ON BEHALF OF PARTICIPANT, HEREBY FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASES THE COMPANY, AND ANY AFFILIATED ENTITIES, PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, PRESENT AND FORMER EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, CONTRACTORS, INSURERS, SHAREHOLDERS AND DIRECTORS OF THE FOREGOING (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SCOTT MILES, SUSAN MILES, RED STICK ADVENTURES, LLC, ALL ABOUT BATON ROUGE TOURS, ALL ABOUT BATON ROUGE FOOD TOURS, (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, AND LIABILITIES FOR DEATH, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANT, TO ANY ONE ELSE, OR TO ANY PROPERTY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT SUCH INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE WAS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL CONDUCT OF THE COMPANY OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. PARTICIPANT, ON BEHALF OF HIS/HERSELF AND/OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING THROUGH OR ON BEHALF OF PARTICIPANT, FURTHER AGREES TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND TO HOLD THE RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEY’S FEES) AND LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS.
6. This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the Released Parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understanding relating to the subject matter hereof. There are no representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
7. None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Released Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for same or similar acts at any subsequent time.
DUE TO THE UNIQUE RELATIONSHIPS WE HAVE WITH OUR VENDOR/RESTAURANTS, We CANNOT provide substitutions for vegetarians, nuts and seafood allergies on this tour for the price of the ticket offered. Substitutions MAY be possible at full cost menu items, based on restaurant(s) discretion. Please check with us about other allergies or aversions.
Required substitutions must be indicated in advance at time of ticket purchase.
I, A PARTICIPANT IN THE BATON ROUGE FOOD TOUR- ALL ABOUT BATON ROUGE- FULLY UNDERSAND AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND WILL PURCHASE MY TICKETS WITH THIS IN MIND.
MY TICKET(S) CAN BE PURCHASED HERE: BATON ROUGE FOOD TOUR-ALL ABOUT BATON ROUGE
Absolutely! As a full or part-time resident of Baton Rouge, you will enhance your existing Baton Rouge knowledge by learning about the food, culture and history of Baton Rouge. Learn about the origin and history of Baton Rouge, its colorful and fascinating stories, local flavors and come away with some new favorite dining spots.
Absolutely! Now, privacy may come at a higher cost, depending on the number of partipants. Please call us at 225-772-7253 or email us at email@example.com to discuss the details of what you have in mind.
As of May 2019, we are in the process of arranging this tour, but haven't cemented all the details yet. Contact us at 225-772-7253 and let's see what we can come up with!
Absolutely! We know some people prefer a more "physically active" tour, and we are happy to accommodate if that is your desire. A walking food tour can usually be arranged for groups of 4 or more with 72 hour notice so that we can get our walking food tour restaurants lined up!
Honestly, our weather here is sometimes pretty erratic, so walking tours are generally discouraged due to our desire for our guests to have the best and most comfortable experience possible.
Imagine you, as a guest, sitting next to a group of other sweaty, hot and wet guests trying to EAT.
Since taste is tied to the sense of smell, this can have a pretty negative impact on your experience. Its not any fun when you have exposure to Southern Summer heat and humidity (or cold in the winter) and the potential of storms ruining your food tour!
The basic fact is that we have the most experience and the best price for the best product in our area. We have the ability to show you more in less time!
On our tour, you will have a cultural culinary experience that includes food tastings, meet and greet with local chefs/restauranteurs, local music, art and history - and as time permits - SHOPPING!
We have experience that no one can copy.
We have stragetic partnerships with restaurants in more than "one area" of town and can offer more options!
While everyone has their own likes and "tastes," a testament to our tour quality is that two major cruise lines trust us with providing tours and tour guide service to their hundreds of guests that travel into Baton Rouge each week. That is thousands of guests each month that we get to share Baton Rouge with!
With a combined almost two decades of experience in the tourism industry, we are a husband and wife team, we are owner/operators and we strive to do our best to provide a quality product and accurate information to our guests- through rigourous historical research and fact gathering. We also have a team of over 15 tour guides who help entertain and share the treasures of Baton Rouge. Connecting people with the local culinary and cultural scene is our PASSION.
This isn't a "job" for us- We love sharing and being a part of the amazing things happening here in the Baton Rouge area!
Let us help you #FeedYourSoul!
Yes. Our tours are perfect for any age group, with the exception of two that require parental discretion.
!!! WARNING - Parental discretion is advised for the Baton Rouge Haunted Adventure and the Mystery Haunted Tour!!!
On our other tours, the content and concepts contained in our narrative are geared more toward adults.
For larger groups with more children (reserved groups of more than 6), we can accommodate a different narrative for a younger audience, with a minimum of 24 hours advanced notice. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
STROLLERS AND HARD INFANT CARRIERS/CARSEATS:
Due to space limitations, and for the comfort of all of our guests, strollers are not permitted on the tours. Child-carrier backpacks, slings, and front-packs are allowed.
Children under three years-old should be lap sitting and must sit in a parent’s lap for the entirety of the tour.
If you wish for your child of any age to have a seat for himself/herself, or if you wish for your child to ride in a carrier/carseat, please pay the “Child Ticket” rate (under age 11 only) versus the “Lap sitting child” ticket.
Tips for the servers on the Baton Rouge Food Tour ARE INCLUDED, BUT, tips are not included for the driver/guide. Tips are always welcome and appreciated!!!
Prices already reflect all discounts available.
Coupons are available in some publications, HOWEVER, all the terms of the coupon must be met in order to receive the benefit of the coupon.
We do not honor other coupons or discounts to actual venues, as they have already provided us with their best discounts.
There are no bathrooms on the mini motor coaches.
Tours are 2-4 hours long. Please make arrangements for your comfort prior to the tour, or use the museum/plantation/swamp shop facilities on those tours .
On the haunted tour, we do make arrangements for a bathroom stop on the tour, if needed.
You should choose an All About Baton Rouge Tours/ Red Stick Adventures Tour because we offer unforgettable journeys, culinary adventures and sightseeing tours.
We have experience that no one can copy.
All of our tours provide you with great memories from your visit to Louisiana.
With service from most area hotels, we offer convenience and provide a relaxing way to travel as you enjoy learning more about our unique culture and history.
We ARE Authentic Louisiana at Every Turn!
We look forward to serving you! Together let's #FeedYourSoul as you #ExploreBatonRouge!
Unfortunately, our buses are not handicap-lift equipped and for insurance reasons, our drivers are not able to offer assistance.
* A printed tour is available for any hearing impaired guests who may join us on our tour.